Here is a list of the most photographed cities in the world. You can share your thoughts & pictures about those cities where we listed below.
New York is a 24-hour photo opportunity and the most photographed city in the world. You’ll be spoilt for choice with landmarks like Times Square, the Empire State Building, the Guggenheim Museum, and Central Park but don’t forget to photograph some lesser-known corners of this atmospheric city such as the vibrant street art in Bushwick.
Did you know? (New York)
- There are around 150,000 Instagram photos posted of New York City per day.
- The observation decks of the Empire State Building offer a photo opportunity of the city.
Paris is a famously photogenic city and the iconic Eiffel Tower is a classic Parisian landmark. Great shots of the tower from above the city can be achieved from the top of Montparnasse Tower or Sacre-Coeur, particularly during sunset and as the city lights begin to glow.
Did you know? (Paris)
- Photograph the Eiffel Tower from ground level. Marvel at the 10,100 metric tons of iron above your head!
Italy’s capital city, Rome is steeped in history. An architectural treasure trove of iconic sights from the Vatican to the Colosseum and the ancient Roman Forum.
Did you know? (Rome)
- Coffee is a popular Instagram subject when taking photos in Rome. Italy consumes a staggering 14 billion espresso coffees each year.
You won’t be short of landmarks to photograph in London but away from the tourist hotspots, this capital city presents a wealth of unique and diverse photo opportunities such as Brick Lane in the East and Portobello Road in the West of the capital.
Did you know? (London)
- London welcomes around 31.5 million tourists every year with Trafalgar Square, the Houses of Parliament and Tower Bridge among its 10 most photographed landmarks.
Istanbul is Turkey’s economic, cultural and historic heart. This mesmerizing city offers breathtaking scenic shots but looks a little closer and you’ll find a city full of incredible people, colors and patterns.
Did you know? (Istanbul)
- Istanbul is the world’s 5th largest city with a population of over 15 million people.
- The Grand Bazaar can have up to 400,000 visitors each day.